Say Hello to Moovit 4.0
Published: April 20, 2015
Today, Moovit, the intelligent local transit app unveils the next evolution of its global, crowd-powered mobility platform, Moovit 4.0 for Android. Moovit users can now go anywhere, anytime in just a few taps.
The newest edition features a suite of new En Route and personalization controls and a new re-engineered user interface that empower riders to share and receive live community reports about conditions of lines and stations affecting their local transit routes and potentially those of other riders. Now the Moovit community of more than 20 million riders can plan their transit (and lives) even better in over 600 cities, in 55 countries, in 36 languages.
Moovit 4.0 is designed with every transit rider in mind including the experienced transit rider who needs the right facts to help guide the journey, plus the more novice transit rider or tourist who may need more handholding to make the trip seamless and stress-free. In either scenario, the journey begins with the home screen: Moovit’s new OmniSearch bar allows users to search for any place, address or destination for quick and easy trip planning. The Near Me feature allows you to locate yourself on the map, find nearby stations and view next arrival times. En Route features accompany you all the way to your destination, allowing you to track your progress on the map, see your estimated arrival time, and get alerted when it’s time to get off so you never miss your stop again. If you’re a complete pro, the Favorites feature allows you to simply tap on your favorites to get instant trip planning to your favorite places, and next arrival times for your most frequented routes. Leveraging the power of the community, riders get notifications about conditions in real time including station and vehicle crowdedness, cleanliness, live events, and even incidents.
New Moovit 4.0 features include:
- Simplified Design & Improved Usability: Moovit 4.0 is optimized for riders on-the-go. Rebuilt from the ground up with community feedback, riders spend less time screen-tapping, so they can smoothly reach their destination faster.
- The Power of OmniSearch: the one-stop search box for any destination. Type a local address or POI to find the best transit options to your destination. Or search for any line in your city to see everywhere it can take you.
- Real-Time Notifications: With a single tap, the new En Route feature provides real-time ETAs to your destination and notifications about when to disembark.
- Live User Reports: Helping other riders has never been this easy. Improved User Reporting functions let riders share live transit conditions including line changes, facility conditions, incidents, and other circumstances that can affect everyone’s trips.
- Offline Support: Temporarily lost internet connection? No problem. Moovit stores any planned trip, including all of its directions and line information, maps and schedules for easy offline access when you need it.
Never closed for renovation, Moovit has launched in over 100 new cities in 2015, with service for 600 cities worldwide since launch.
Moovit is available for free in the Apple iTunes App Store, Google Play App Store, Windows Phone App Marketplace, or at moovitapp.com. Moovit 4.0 for iOS is expected to launch in coming weeks.