Privacy Notice for California Residents01/01/2020
Last updated: January 1st, 2020
1. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories and types of personal information:
- Identifiers, such as name, User ID, email addresses and billing and shipping addresses.
- Customer characteristics, such as Categories of personal information described in the California Customer Records statute (California Civil Code Section 1798.80), including, payment information and, for job applicants, education and employment history, and characteristics of protected classifications under California law, such as gender and age (over 40).
- Commercial information, including purchasing habits and history, such as the products and types of transportation services you have ordered or considered.
- Technical Identifiers, such as internet and other similar network activity, including browsing history and cookie history.
- Geolocation data, such as your route and travel information.
- Audio and visual information, such as pictures you may have uploaded to our site.
- Inferences, which are drawn from the above information to create better understand consumer preferences and behaviors and customize content.
2. BUSINESS OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE FOR COLLECTING, SHARING AND SELLING INFORMATION.
We collect and share personal information for the following business and commercial purposes: authenticating you when you use our Website/Services, providing customer support and feedback, detecting security incidents, debugging and fixing errors, transportation recommendations, surveys and research, activities to maintain the quality of our services, encouraging and enabling purchases,such as through providing personalized marketing offers and other commercial transactions.
We do not put your data on the open market, act as data brokers or otherwise trade in your data. However, certain standard generally accepted business practices may be deemed a “Sale” of data under the CCPA, such as when we utilize third party service providers that provide us with services, while they retain certain ability to use your data for their own business needs (e.g. Google Analytics, Facebook, fraud detection services, Taboola, etc.).
If you are a California consumer, you have a right under the new definition of “sale”, to request to opt-out of certain data transfers and sharing of personal activities which we operate. Please refer to section 3, “Your California Consumer Rights”, below for information on how you can exercise your rights.
3. YOUR CALIFORNIA CONSUMER RIGHTS.
California consumers have the right to request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about them in the last 12 months. You may make this request up to two times in a 12-month period.
You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources of such collection, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share and sell your personal information, the categories of personal information we have disclosed and “sold” about you in the preceding 12 months, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold personal information in the preceding 12 months.
If you are a California consumer, you also have the right to request deletion of your personal information (subject to certain exceptions), to opt out of sales of personal information and to receive equal service and price and not be discriminated against even if you exercise any of your CCPA rights (unless permitted by applicable law, such as if the differences are reasonably related to your information).
California consumers may make a rights request by calling customer service at or writing to us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request must include sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, which may include your email address, name and account id (which is required only if you already have an account with us). If you have an account with us, you can find your account id on your main account page after you log in.
Additionally, users may opt-out of the “sale” of information as described above, by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com and we will respond within a reasonable timeframe and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.