Moovit believes it’s of the utmost importance to make its service accessible to everyone. Adaptations have been made to the website, as required by equal rights standards for people with disabilities (Accessibility adjustments) – 2013, Israeli standard 5568 – Standard for Making Websites Accessible to People with Disabilities, and W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1, level AA.
The accessibility adjustments include:
Adjustments for Keyboard Users:
All functionality of the website content is operable through a keyboard interface as follows: tapping the Tab key moves you to the next link, and tapping the Enter opens the link. Tapping Shift-Tab takes you to the previous link.
In search fields with auto-complete, tapping Tab on the search field takes you to the top of the auto-complete list. Tap the up/down keys to move through the options, and Enter to select the option in front of you.
Skipping to different areas on the page and the website
This will help keyboard users and visually impaired people. At the top of each page there’s a link marked “Skip to the main content”, and tapping enter on it will take you directly to the page’s main content.
Adjustments for visually impaired users
- High contrast colors to improve the content’s readability
- Zoom in and out of the page, using your browser’s zoom option. Tapping Ctrl/Cmd and plus (+) simultaneously will zoom into the page (do this a few times until you get to the size you want). Tap Ctrl/Cm and minus (-) for the opposite effect.
- Increase font size with your browser or OS preferences:
- Chrome: Settings => Appearance => font size
- Firefox: Options => Language and Appearance => Default font => Size
- iPhone: Settings => Accessibility => Display & Text Size => Larger Text
Prevention of flashes and animation
The website uses animation to show real-time arrivals. Users who would like to disable the flashes can change the OS settings:
- Windows: Turn off Show Animations in Settings => Ease of Access => Display
- Macintosh and iPhones: Select Reduce Motion in Settings => Accessibility
- Android: Tap Remove animations in Settings => Accessibility
Adjustments for users with screen readers
The website is fully accessible to screen readers, as it includes
- Alternative texts for images
- Separate sections for navigation and content, and a possibility to skip between them
- Use of ARIA to improve the screen reader’s capability
About the Accessibility Statement
This statement was written on 18th June 2020, after the website was tested on Chrome browsers (web and phone), Firefox (web) and Safari (iPhone). All new pages are regularly tested as well.
Contact us about Accessibility
Moovit is regularly working to improve the website’s accessibility, so if you have any comments or questions, feel free to contact us at https://moovit.com/contact-us/. Please add a link to the page you’re referring to, and your contact details. Alternatively, you can contact Moovit’s accessibility coordinator, Ziv Kabaretti, at 08-6213151 or firstname.lastname@example.org