1. The Service. The Service provides Customer with the ability to provide its Transport Services to passengers and to communicate with its Drivers. The Transport Services that Customer provides using the Service are fully and entirely the responsibility of Customer and solely at its own risk. Moovit does not screen or otherwise evaluate potential Passengers who may request Customer’s Transport Services. Customer understands, therefore, that by using the Service, Customer and/or its Drivers may be introduced to third parties who may be potentially dangerous, and that use of the Service is at Customer’s own risk.
3. License Restrictions. Customer (and/or any third party on Customer’s behalf, including Customer’s Drivers) may not breach any of the General Usage Restrictions as provided in Section 3.2 of the MSA, mutatis mutandis.
4. Customer Representations and Warranties. Customer hereby warrants and represents (in addition to any other representations and obligations set out in in the MSA or applicable Product Terms) that in connection with Customer’s use of the Service: (a) Customer shall comply with all applicable local laws, rules and regulations, including applicable traffic laws rules and regulations, and laws rules and regulations governing driving, provision of transportation services, and that Customer is solely responsible for any violations of such laws, rules and regulations, if any; (b) Customer’s Drivers are of the legal age to drive the Fleet vehicles used in connection with the Service, or are otherwise of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which Customer is providing Transport Services in connection with the use of the Service; (c) Customer holds, complies, and shall continue to hold and comply with, all permits, licenses and other governmental authorizations necessary for conducting, carrying out and continuing Customer’s Transport Services, operations and business in general and the provision of transportation services in particular; (d) Customer has procured and at all times maintains and shall maintain valid and proper insurance policies for the appropriate (transportation, personal injury, third party or general) liability insurance and such other insurances as are considered market practice (all in industry-standard coverage amounts) for the operation of Fleet vehicles and/or necessary business insurance, and not less than the minimum coverage amounts required by applicable law; (e) Customer shall and shall insure its Drivers shall abide by all applicable laws and regulations with respect to operation of motor vehicles, including but not limited to, laws and regulations governing the use of the Service or mobile devices while operating a motor vehicle; and (f) Customer is solely responsible for the safety of Customer’s Drivers and Passengers.
Transport On-Demand Driver Notice
You are receiving this notice (this “Driver Notice”) because the entity that employs you (or contracts for your services, as applicable, your “Contracting Entity”) has entered into an agreement with Moovit ( “Moovit”) in order to use Moovit’s Transport On-Demand system, including its Dispatch Dashboard (the “Solution”). The Solution enables the provision of on-demand transportation services. You are being asked to provide transportation services as a driver via the Moovit Driver App (the “App”) which is part of the Solution.
PLEASE READ THIS DRIVER NOTICE CAREFULLY BEFORE TAKING ANY FURTHER ACTION REGARDING THE SOLUTION OR THE APP. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (available at: https://moovit.com/drive-app-terms) AND THE PRIVACY NOTICE (available at: https://moovit.com/drive-app-privacy-notice) IN THE APP (COLLECTIVELY, “TERMS”), YOU MAY NOT USE THE APP OR ANY PART OF THE SOLUTION, AS APPLICABLE.
1. Using the App as a Driver. Your Contracting Entity has been provided with a random anonymous serial number that will serve as your unique driver identification within the Solution (“Driver ID”). If the App has not been preinstalled on a dedicated device owned by your Contracting Entity, you will be required to install the App on your personal mobile device, in which case your Contracting Entity will send you a message with a direct download link. Once assigned your Driver ID by your Contracting Entity, if you wish to use any part of the Solution, you must do the following:
1.1. Follow the link in the message to download the App onto a single mobile device that you own or have authorized access to.
1.2. Carefully review and accept the Terms (the documents can be accessed at: https://moovit.com/drive-app-terms, and https://moovit.com/drive-app-privacy-notice).
1.3. After accepting the Terms, you may then log in to the App using your assigned Driver ID.
2. Notice Regarding the Terms. We are providing this Driver Notice to make you aware of the following:
2.1 The Terms implicate your legal rights, so you should be sure to read and understand them. If you have any questions regarding them, please contact your Contracting Entity or Moovit at email@example.com.
2.2 With respect to information collected via the App or the Solution that may identify you personally (“Driver Data”), your Contracting Entity, and not Moovit, is a data controller for purposes of compliance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws in the country in which you provide transportation services (“Privacy Laws”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event Moovit and your Contracting Entity are deemed to be joint data controllers with regard to Driver Data, Moovit and your Contracting Entity shall apportion data protection compliance responsibilities between one another for purposes of compliance with applicable Privacy Laws.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND USE OF THE APP WILL BE DEEMED YOUR EXPRESS CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, TRANSMISSION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY THE APP AND MOOVIT AS DESCRIBED IN THE TERMS.